Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love Yourself Smoothie

Happy Valentine's Day!



Ever since I can remember, Valentine's Day has been my favorite holiday. I haven't always had a valentine, and I was never one of those girls that got roses delivered to her at school. Nonetheless, February 14th has always been a happy day for me. Everything's pink and red, there are hearts everywhere, and for the most part, I really do believe people try to be extra loving on this day.







I would have loved to post a ubiquitous Valentine's dessert recipe for you, but I am lucky enough to be visiting my valentine this weekend! So,  I created this Love Yourself Smoothie. Its filled with Valentines-appropriate superfoods like strawberries & beets.



Both strawberries and beets are loaded with Vitamin C, as well as calcium and magnesium, which reduces stress levels.  Strawberries are also high in salicylic acid, which helps kill acne-causing bacteria in our skin. Yay! This smoothie is perfect for a day like today, when we forget the root of the entire celebration is love for ourselves and others. 

My taxi will be here any minute now. Enjoy! <33




Love Yourself Smoothie
Makes 1-2 servings

1/2 Beet
1/2 Apple
1/4 - 1/2 cup Strawberries
2 tablespoons Chia seeds (optional)
1 container non-dairy vanilla yogurt
2 cups Orange Juice 

Roughly chop all the fruit and place in the blender. Blend all ingredients until smooth & Love Yourself! :)



                                                                                                Source: Uploaded by user via Rachael on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment